Monte Carlo went on sale with Xur a couple of weeks ago, so we thought it was about time we did a proper in-depth analysis of whether or not it’s the best Exotic Auto Rifle. There’s quite a lot of competition out there for it, so this will be a tough call. Let’s dive into the stats and perks first.
- Impact – 21
- Range – 55
- Stability – 69
- Handling – 82
- Reload Speed – 81
- Rounds per Minute – 600
- Magazine – 63
- Aim Assistance – 50
- Inventory Size – 52
- Recoil Direction – 80
- Zoom – 15
These are the perks according to Destiny 2 DB at the time of writing, and may not be 100 percent correct.
- Intrinsic Perk: Monte Carlo Method – Dealing damage with Monte Carlo reduces the cooldown of your melee ability, and kills have a chance to fully recharge your melee ability.
- Fluted Barrel – Greatly increases handling speed, and slightly increases stability.
- High-Caliber Rounds – Slightly increases range.
- Markov Chain – Monte Carlo gains increased damage from melee kills with it equipped. Melee kills will grant ammo for Monte Carlo.
- Composite Stock – Slightly increases stability and handling speed.
I said there was stiff competition for Monte Carlo, and I wasn’t joking. First up we have Cerberus+1 with the Intrinsic Perk Four-Headed Dog, which basically makes this four Auto Rifles in one that all fire at the same time. Then we have Hard Light, which has rounds with no falloff damage, and which can bounce off of hard surfaces in order to deal more damage when they hit. SUROS Regime has a nasty second half of every magazine that grants a chance to fully heal you with every kill. Finally, we have Sweet Business, which has a huge ammo capacity, reloads automatically, and fires better when aiming from the hip like a boss.
Out of every Exotic Auto Rifle in Destiny 2 at the time of writing, I can’t say that Monte Carlo is the best. It’s not even second-best either. Really Monte Carlo comes in third behind SUROS Regime in first, and Sweet Business in second. With that said, this is a tremendous weapon for those who enjoy a lot of melee attacks, like me. I always find myself hitting enemies with a melee attack just before reloading, giving me space to breathe, and that’s really where Monte Carlo shines out from any of the competition. When it comes to straight up Exotic goodness though, this isn’t the best.
Let us know your thoughts on Monte Carlo in the comments.
Image Source: DestinyTracker