Fighting Lion is an Exotic Grenade Launcher, but is it the best Exotic Grenade Launcher in Destiny 2? Well since Xur sold it last week, we thought there was no better time than now to check this weapon out and decide once and for all if it’s the dominant Exotic Grenade Launcher. Let’s check out the stats and perks first.
- Blast Radius – 50
- Velocity – 55
- Stability – 78
- Handling – 100
- Reload Speed – 55
- Rounds per Minute – 72
- Magazine Size – 1
- Aim Assistance – 80
- Inventory Size – 0
- Recoil Direction – 60
- Zoom – 13
These are the perks according to Destiny 2 DB, though not all of them may be accurate.
- Intrinsic Perk: Delayed Gratification – Grenade projectiles will bounce off of surfaces. You hold fire to launch the projectiles, and let go to detonate them.
- Countermass – Greatly controls recoil, increases stability and handling speed.
- Implosion Rounds – Increases projectile speed, greatly increases stability, and decreases blast radius.
- Thin The Herd – Direct hits on enemy combatant’s shields will do more damage. Rapid kills against enemies damaged by grenades refill the magazine. Kills with grenades will always drop primary ammo.
- Short-Action Stock – Greatly increases handling speed.
When it comes to Exotic Grenade Launchers there are four in total in Destiny 2 at the time of writing: Fighting Lion, The Colony, Anarchy, and The Prospector. The Colony is a phenomenal weapon, with grenades that actively fire explosive robots that seek out your enemy and kill them, even if you miss them. The Prospector is very similar to Fighting Lion, in that you hold the trigger to fire grenades, and detonate them when you release. The difference is that with The Prospector you end up firing all of your grenades, instead of just one like Fighting Lion. Finally, there’s Anarchy, which launches sticky grenades that will stick to surfaces and chain Arc energy between each other. This is an interesting perk, but I’m not sure it’s as effective as the increased damage you can deal with direct hits from Fighting Lion.
As I surmised in my article on The Colony, Fighting Lion is a close second-best Exotic Grenade Launcher. The true best Exotic Grenade Launcher is The Colony, with Anarchy being third-best, and The Prospector fourth. I know this is a little disheartening for those who have yet to earn Fighting Lion, but the weapon definitely has its benefits. In summary, The Colony is the best, but Fighting Lion is still a really great weapon.
Let us know what you think of Fighting Lion in the comments.