Yesterday saw the launch of Black Armoury, the new content drop for Destiny 2 Forsaken. This is specifically different to a DLC drop, in that it’s part of the Annual Pass for Forsaken, and more of an expansion of the content and universe moving forward. We’re going to see more events, secrets, and plenty of other content drops overt the coming months of the Season of the Forge.
- Chaos Reach, a new super added with Destiny 2 Forsaken, has had some tweaks. Now if a Guardian deactivates it early they will consistently retain the appropriate amount of Super energy. Prior to this change there was a flat cost for deactivating the Super early, 65%, which meant that if you were going to deactivate early and save energy you needed to do it within the first second or so. The change means that Super energy isn’t charged at a flat rate anymore, but over more of a curve. Bungie aims for this to reward Guardians for deactivating their Supers at skilful time.
- Outside of this Super, a fix has also been made to the Overshield granted upon respawn in the Crucible. Apparently this wasn’t always negating damage right away, but it does now.
- Those helpful Nightstalker Tether Points will now take more damage prior to their activation in order for them to be destroyed.
- Finally for sandbox, the Biotic Enhancements buff has been levelled out. Previously it dealt too much of a damage multiplier when standing in a Well of Radiance.
- An issue that would cause those with Scavenger perks to generate Heavy ammo from teammates dying from self-inflicted Misadventure has been corrected.
- Some High-Impact Scout Rifles weren’t firing at 150 Rounds Per Minute, but this has now been corrected.
- Sometimes when upgrading the Charge Time Masterwork on a Fusion Rifle the Impact stat wouldn’t update. This has now been fixed.
- Gwisin Vest: There was an issue in which kills weren’t required to extend uptime for Supers using this armour. That’s now been corrected.
- Gwisin Vest: There was also an issue in which a Super was not extended after the user had made more than 10 kills. This isn’t the case anymore.
- Chromatic Fire: Explosions for Chromatic Fire were doing less damage than initially intended. This has now been altered to the correct amount of damage.
- The Scavenger perk on Machine Guns has been changed so that it’s now more in line with the Scavenger perk on other Power weapons.
- There was an issue that caused certain Black Armoury weapons to randomly roll two of the same perk. That’s not going to happen anymore. In addition to this any duplicate perks have now been replaced in the talent grid for each weapon.
- There was an issue with the Crucible Pinnacle weapon, The Mountaintop, that made it drop at inappropriately high Power Levels for Guardians who don’t own the Forsaken expansion. This made the weapon unequippable unless pulled from that Guardian’s collection.
- There was an issue that caused Valor Rank to display at a value different to what a Guardian actually had. While this was specifically a visual issue, it’s been fixed. To reiterate, ranks have always been accurate behind the scenes.
- An issue that credited the wrong team for killing the Ascendant Servitor Primeval has been corrected.
- The amount of ammo that Fusion Rifles receive from Power Ammo crates has been reduced from 5 to 3. Sleeper Simulant will still only receive 2 rounds because it’s an absolute beast.
- In an effort to help what they call ‘Ammo Starvation’, any Guardian who dies with less than 2 rounds of Special Ammo will respawn with at least 2 rounds of it.
- Finally in the Gambit section, there was an issue that would leave Guardians hanging on a loading screen if others were checking items in their Inventory. Now that’s not the case, so watch out those of you who like to check everything they earn.
- Apparently there was an issue that would cause Protheon, The Modular Mind, to grow to 3 times his normal size. This doesn’t happen anymore, but I sort of wish it did. The Strike has also been re-added to the Director and to matchmaking so it can be enjoyed by all once more.
- For the Leviathan Raid and its Lairs there now isn’t a requirement for you to have completed the Normal Mode of the Raid in order to access either the Raid Prestige mode, or any of the Prestige mode of any of the Lairs.
- For the Last Wish Raid an issue that caused Destiny 2 to crash during the Morgeth fight has now been fixed.
- An issue where the Hawthorne’s Heroes clan perk wasn’t providing the proper rewards has also been corrected.
Fixes to Items and Economy
- In order to re-acquire the Hecuba-S Exotic Sparrow from your collection you no longer need the Annual Pass, and the same is true of the Mimesis Drive Sparrow.
- The time to reacquire Shaders has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
- If you’re a Guardian under Power Level 550 you’ll see Prime Engrams more frequently now, and they’re give you larger power benefits when you decrypt them
- An issue with Harbinger’s Echo, the Sparrow, meant that it was locked out for Guardians who destroyed any Dragon eggs across multiple characters. This is now corrected. In a future update, 2.1.3 planned for the 18th of December, a fix is coming for those who have already destroyed all of the eggs
- Seed of Light has now been added to the table of drops for the Blind Well Heroic
- The bugged trophy/achievement, ‘Lest Ye Be Judged’ can now be completed by visiting Xur the Exotic vendor.
- An issue with the ‘Riddle Me This’ Triumph not unlocking properly has been corrected.
- An issue with an improper notification waypoint for Amanda Holliday has been corrected. An issue with her inventory not refreshing correctly has also been corrected alongside this
- An issue with Festival of the Lost Armour which couldn’t be Masterworked has now been corrected
- An issue with Masterworking weapons that didn’t require Enhancement Cores if the player didn’t have enough to do so with a weapon that did require them has also been corrected
- It’s now possible to delete your checkpoints for activities that support them from the Director prior to launching the activity. This has been applied across Last Wish, Scourge of the Past, Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, and Spire of Stars
- Last but not least, an issue with challenges not displaying in the Vanguard node in the Director has been corrected
There’s a lot that’s changed in this update, but all of it’s been applied to make quality of life better in the Black Armoury. Let us know your thoughts on the update in the comments.
Image Source: DailyExpress