Primary Ammo Is Now Infinite – Here’s What’s Changing
Yes, you read that right. Bungie has decided to make all Primary Ammo infinite in Destiny 2,, as noted in this week’s This Week At Bungie. Here’s what they had to say on the matter.
Running out of Primary ammo has never been tactically interesting. Running out in hard PvE content or because you were on a tear in PvP was a weird and sometimes frustrating experience that we would like to not subject anyone to in the future.
- All Primary ammo weapons now have infinite ammo.
- Inertia Override has been adjusted to account for there being no Primary bricks (see the 8/5/2021 abilities TWAB).
- Drop Mag’s downside of reducing reserve ammo is now almost meaningless.
- Reworked to be +reload speed, -magazine size.
- Compact Arrow Shaft’s upside of increasing reserve ammo likewise.
- Reworked to be +reload, +handling.
- Updated some other perks that refer to reserves in a way that’s no longer accurate.
- See notes on Fighting Lion and Sweet Business in this article.
An interesting choice, and one I’m in support of overall. It definitely feels better to not feel the need to run out of cover in a Grandmaster because your Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle ran out of ammo. It also negates a lot of ammo issues people have with certain weapon archetypes, such as Scouts and Hand Cannons.
But what do you think? Let us know in the comments.